Thursday, September 1, 2011

His Holy Word

In the Bible in the book of Joshua it is written:  Do not let the Book of the Law depart from your mouth, meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it (Joshua 1:8).  And in the book of Deuteronomy we are told to take the commandments given us and not only have them upon our own hearts, but impress them on our children.  We are to talk about them when we sit at home and when we walk along the road.  We are to also talk about them when we lie down and when we get up.  We are to write them on the door frames of our houses and on our gates (Deuteronomy 6:6,7,9 selected).  In other words, we should always be about the Word of God.  Paul writes in 2 Timothy 3:16 that all scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness.  What does that look like in our day?  I believe that first and foremost we need to read our Bibles and not just save them for church on Sunday or leave them on a shelf to collect dust, but actually open them up and allow the Lord to speak to us through His Holy Word!  And secondly, I believe the more we can have His Word around us as we go about our daily lives, the more equipped we will be to live lives holy and pleasing to God.  This is why I continually look for items to sell in our store that are God-honoring and Christ centered.  Items which can be placed around our homes and those of our loved ones which can be constant reminders of our need for God and His unending love for us!  Here is just a sampling of some of our Christian gift lines we have available at Lee’s Inlet Apothecary for you to choose from.

Mustard Seed Pottery is made right here in our home state of South Carolina! When I first saw these beautiful dishes, I fell in love with them immediately and when it came time for us to open up Lee’s Inlet Apothecary, Mustard Seed Pottery was the first gift item I ever chose to sell in our store.  When I asked one of the original owners how putting scripture on their dishes came about, she told me that, making pottery began as a hobby for her, but when she began to see it as a business venture, she felt the Lord say to her, “Put some meat on the plate.  Something that people can chew on.”  And that is exactly what she and her partners did.  Each dish has a scripture verse on it and is one-of-a-kind in its design!  I am still in love with these beautiful pieces of pottery and as long as they keep creating them, we will be carrying them in our store.  


 
Glory Haus is a line that we began carrying several years ago and we continue to love their products!  They too, put some meat, scripturally speaking, on what they make.  The company is based in Marietta, Georgia and it is their desire to create faith-based products for the home that will not only encourage others, but also bring joy!  Their line offers everything from coffee mugs with scripture verses on them to inspirational messages written on whimsically painted canvases.


A Servant’s Heart is another Christian based company we have been carrying for quite some time.  They specialize in putting scripture on just about anything they can get their hands on!  We carry their flour sack kitchen towels.  These towels always sell out!  They are not only great for drying the dishes, but they are also a way that we can keep God’s Word before us and those we love.    



 Urban Soul is a new line we are carrying this year.  It was the very first order I placed after arriving at the gift market in July.  I knew right away that Urban Soul was something I wanted to have at the apothecary.  The line is made up of signs, frames, and small stand alone pieces made from metal that spell out God’s word in a fun and eclectic way.

Someone once asked me this question:  If I were on trial for being a Christian would there be enough evidence in my home to convict me?  That question really did make me think and ever since then, I have wanted to put things in my house that would not only minister to myself and my family, but to anyone who would enter our home and to also let it be known as it says in Joshua 24:15…As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Blessings!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment